Call for Applications: Peace, Security and Development Fellowship for African Scholars
The African Leadership Centre (ALC) is pleased to announce a call for applications for the Peace, Security and Development Fellowships for African Scholars starting in September 2012.
Deadline: 18 May 2012
The ALC aims to build a new community of leaders generating cutting edge knowledge on peace, security and development. To this end, the ALC undertakes to do the following:
- Create an enabling environment for ideas that are grounded in African realities;
- Provide space for interaction with role models;
- Build capacity for independent thinking;
- Expand the knowledge base to develop transformational ideas for meaningful change;
- Create opportunities to transfer knowledge to achieve multiplier effects for communities;
- Connect with processes nationally, regionally and globally, especially in the field of peace and security; and
- Build lasting partnerships that will maintain an African-led vision of change.
For more information, read call for application or visit this link.