Call for Research Proposals “The Impact of Drug Trafficking, Production and Consumption on Democracy, Governance and Development
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) and the West Africa Drug Policy Network (WADPN), with support from Open Society Initiative for West Africa (OSIWA), are inviting proposals for country-specific research on the impact of drug trafficking, production, and consumption on democracy, governance, and development in West Africa.
The targeted countries are Benin, Ghana and Senegal. This country-specific research initiative is driven by a critical need to gather evidence of the impact of drugs on governance, democracy, and development in order to strengthen civil society advocacy efforts to intensify drug policy reform processes in West Africa.
Applicants must submit:
• A curriculum vitae;
• A short proposal describing the research design, conceptual or clinical framework, procedures, and analyses to be used to accomplish the specific aims of the research. Applicants must also include how the data will be collected, analyzed, and interpreted (maximum length of 6 pages). The proposal must include a budget and timelines for project completion;
• A writing sample (a related paper, if available) should be enclosed (separate file).
At the end of the project, it is expected that each researcher will produce:
• A publishable research report for all the three countries;
• Evidence of empirical work carried out (photos, recordings, etc)
• An expenditure report
Submission of a first draft by Friday 14 April 2017, the second draft following reviews by WACSI by Friday 05 May 2017 and a final draft following further reviews by WACSI by Friday 09 June 2017.
• This research project shall be remunerated with an adequate consultancy fee.
• Additional documents are available here.
DEADLINE for SUBMISSION
Proposals should be submitted to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, 28 February 2017. Authors of accepted abstracts will then be invited to submit completed papers by Friday, 9 June 2017 at the latest.
Read the call for application here
Find the concept note here