Vacancy Announcement Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) in collaboration with its partners is currently implementing the Immunisation Advocacy Initiative (IAI), focused on advocacy for domestic financing of immunisation in Ghana, Cote D’Ivoire and Kenya. The initiative is a 3-year programme, which seeks to strengthen the capacity of civil society organisations (CSOs) to lead on national advocacy efforts for increased allocation of resources towards immunisation.
Under the guidance and the direct supervision of the Head, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer will support the implementation of the Immunisation Advocacy Initiative. The primary role of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be to provide support through the monitoring and evaluation function in the areas of health and capacity building of the national networks and member organisations involved in the project. This will include supporting the design and operationalisation of project monitoring and evaluation plans, tracking project implementation and ensuring that deliverables are produced and reported on time.
-Contribute to the project design and implementation;
-Responsible for design and implementation of the project M&E plan;
-Support in the design and development of relevant M&E frameworks and tools for planning and reporting;
-Assist in data collection, documentation and reporting of project milestones at various stages of the implementation;
-Support the coordination of capacity development activities related to the project;
-Compile data on progress reports from Ghana, Kenya and Cote d’Ivoire to support the preparation and submission of both narrative and financial reports based on project set goals and indicators;
-Document key outcomes and maintain a project dashboard to ensure adequate visibility of project achievements;
-Capture and document key lessons learnt to incorporate in project implementation and improve performance;
-Provide general operational support as may be required.
Knowledge Exchange and Information Management:
-Provides regular updates and reports on progress in areas of responsibility;
-Collate relevant statistics and reports on Immunisation at global and national levels and keep the project team up to date with key and timely information;
*Maintain and update project schedules and work collaboratively with project team members to ensure a smooth running of the project;
*Participate in annual and periodic project review and planning meetings.
-Carry out any other tasks related to the project as agreed with the project lead and supervisor(s).
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree or similar with minimum qualification in statistics, information management system. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge in health will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 2 years working experience
- Fair knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Familiar with key concepts and tools like the Logical Framework (Logframe), Theory of Change, Results Frameworks, Key Performance Indicators
- Must have experience working with civil society organisations
- Experience working with networks or in multi-stakeholder programmes will be an added advantage
- Experience managing or supporting cross-country projects will also be an added advantage
- Strong practical knowledge in maintaining and managing a database
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to write reports
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, handle a variety of concurrent activities, set priorities, organize work efficiently, and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints
- Computer literate –Essential skills in Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft package
- Excellent skills in the use of spreadsheets and analytical tools like MS Excel (knowledge of other data analysis applications will be an added advantage)
- Some knowledge of project management tools and platforms
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative with good team work skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and achieve targets
- Excellent spoken and written English. A working knowledge of French will be an added advantage
Interested applicant should send an Application letter, along with a cover letter (stating his or her experience in health/immunisation field and why S/he should be considered for the position), a detailed CV including 2 referees, and 2 writing samples. All documents should be sent in French and English in word or Pdf. files.
All application documents must be sent in a single email with: ‘Application for Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer’ followed by your name in the Subject column. See below for example;
Subject: Application for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer – (Name of Applicant)
Send Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Cc: email@example.com
Application deadline - Friday 27 April 2018.
**WACSI is an equal employer of persons. Women are encouraged to apply.