Vacancy Announcement: Knowledge Management Unit Officer
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) was established to build the institutional and operational capacity of civil society in West Africa, through knowledge management, capacity development and policy influencing. WACSI seeks a committed, motivated and dynamic person to join its team in contributing to enhancing civil society’s efficiency and effectiveness in West Africa. The Officer will undertake activities that seek to strengthen the institutional and operational capacity of civil society organisations (CSOs).
The Programme Officer (Knowledge Management) will report to the Head of the Knowledge Management Unit and provide support in the implementation of the Institute’s Knowledge Management programmes.
- Work closely with the Head of the Knowledge Management unit on the planning and implementation of WACSI’s Knowledge Management Programme;
- Assist in the coordination of research on behalf of WACSI and dissemination of the results to relevant parties;
- Assist in the coordination and the production of WACSeries and other publications;
- Contribute towards documenting civil society activities across West Africa;
- Monitor and evaluate the knowledge sharing programmes;
- Assist in the dissemination of information about the WACSI's Knowledge Management programmes to internal and external audiences;
- Manage WACSI’s resource center;
- Manage WACSI’s expert database;
- Works collaboratively with other programme units to ensure synergy and coherence across all the programme areas to achieve WACSI’s strategic objectives;
- Handle all administrative tasks in the Knowledge Management unit;
- Troubleshooting to help identify and resolve project issues, thus ensuring projects stay on schedule and within budget;
- Such other activities as may be identified by the Head of Knowledge Management and the Executive Director.
Educational Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, public policy, development studies or other relevant social sciences is required; A Master’s degree is preferred;
- 1-3 years relevant experience working in the Non-Governmental sector;
- Previous working experience in policy research and knowledge management in West Africa is highly
- Strong research and writing skills in addition to good quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
- Knowledge of basic research tools and statistical software such as STATA, SPSS, Epi Info, etc.;
- Knowledge of project management and strong organizational skills and ability to work with little or no
supervision, dynamic, self-motivated;
- Excellent communication skills (perfect verbal and written skills), synthetic minded, highly organised and resourceful
- Familiarity with West Africa’s socio-political context;
- Dynamic, self-motivated and be able to work independently;
- Ability to multi-task and a good team player;
- Fluency in both English and French.
Interested applicants must submit their application letter and Curriculum Vitae/Resume, and 2 Referees (One academic and one professional) and a writing sample to email@example.com
Closing date for submission of all applications is two (2) weeks from date of first posting of advert, that is, 15 June, 2018 at 17:00 GMT.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. WACSI is an equal opportunities employer.