Research Conference - The Global Financial and Economic Crisis and the South: Impact and Response
Within the framework of the second three-year phase of the Africa/Asia/Latin America Scholarly Collaborative Program, the Asian Political and International Studies Association (APISA), the Latin American Council of Social Sciences (CLACSO) and the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) are pleased to announce the call for papers and participation in a research conference entitled: “Global Financial and Economic Crisis and the South: Impact and Responses”. The conference will be held in Dakar, Senegal, on 17th and 18th of May, 2012.
Themes to be discussed at the conference include:
1. The global financial and economic crisis and the role of the state and public policies;
2. The global financial and economic crisis and its impact on poverty and social exclusion: alternatives and resistances;
3. The global financial and economic crisis and political stability;
4. The global financial and economic crisis and democratic governance;
5. Southern responses to the crisis.
All scholars interested in presenting papers on any of the above stated themes of the conference (or some other related issues) are invited to send their abstracts to APISA, CLACSO or CODESRIA, not later than the 31st of March, 2012. Shortly thereafter, applicants will be notified on the status of their abstracts. Full papers of the abstracts that are accepted for presentation must be received by the respective institutions not later than the 30th of April, 2012 for assessment before confirmation of final selection.
For more information on the conference and how to apply, click here.