Results-Based Communication for Non-Profits
Application deadline: April 29, 2016
Effective communication is vital for the success of personal interactions and for organizational communication. Communication skills are particular to various situations. It is thus imperative to undergo communications training to develop and improve communication skills related to various roles in civil society organisations. This course will balance both theoretical and practical skills required for good communication. It is designed to equip participants in communication activities including working with the media, fundraising communication, developing press kits, influencing public policy and formulating a strategic communication plan.
Objectives of the course
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Craft their message
• Partner with the mass media to generate and sustain positive publicity;
• Enhance fundraising;
• Build grassroots advocacy and support;
• Influence public policy;
• Build collaborative relationships that emphasize trust and respect;
• Communicate effectively using simple, concise and direct language;
• Eliminate the roadblocks that undermine your organisations’ ability to communicate effectively;
• Develop press kits; and
• Formulate a communication strategy for your organisation.
• Case studies
• Group work and practical demonstrations and exercises
• Brain storming
• Discussions and experience sharing
This course is intended for practitioners, communications officers for CSOs, community development workers and community education officers to develop basic communication skills and understanding that will prove useful in a range of roles.
How to Apply: Complete, sign and email application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or
Apply online, by clicking on the 'Apply Online' button below
Contribution Fee: A Course contribution fee of $450 (Four Hundred and Fifty Dollars Only, excluding bank transfer charges if applicable). The fee covers: Tuition, Feeding, Training materials, WACSI Publications and Certificate of Participation.
Participants will bear all costs related to transportation to and accommodation in Accra, Ghana.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 29, 2016
Language of instruction: English
Download call for application here
Download list of courses scheduled for 2016 here
28-31 July, 2015
11-13 June, 2014