Application deadline: Friday May 24, 2019
The Evidence-Based Advocacy and Networking Course is specifically tailored to respond to the increasing policy influencing capacity gaps identified among civil society constituencies. The course seeks to strengthen links between evidence and advocacy efforts. The training will enhance the participants’ skills in policy analysis as well as provide development practitioners with requisite knowledge, skills and techniques to effectively engage a broad range of stakeholders to influence policy-making processes at local, national and global level. The course will also expose civil society activists to the process of instituting networks at local, national and international levels and in building alliances with like-minded groups/organisations/stakeholders with the goal to constantly leverage support in promoting a common agenda.
Venue: Abuja, Nigeria
Objectives of the course
Knowledge and skills gained from this course will enable participants to:
▪ Enhance their ability to write and use evidence-based and targeted policy papers;
▪ Build insight into the process of planning an effective policy advocacy campaign;
▪ Strengthen participants’ techniques for policy analysis (qualitative and quantitative);
▪ Improve participants’ ability to use evidence to write policy and advocacy papers;
▪ Build understanding of the process of planning an effective policy advocacy campaign;
▪ Reinforce participants’ knowledge of public policy networks and processes; and
▪ Equip participants with the requisite skills and techniques to critically examine policies and make recommendations.
How to Apply: Apply online click here
Contribution Fee: The course fee is 500 USD payable before Friday June 7, 2019.
Fees include tuition, training materials, certificate of completion, continental breakfast, refreshments and lunch, follow up engagement and post training webinar.
Participants will bear all costs related to transportation to and accommodation in Abuja, Nigeria.
Language of instruction: English