Application deadline: Wednesday, February 22, 2017
The Evidence-Based Advocacy course which takes place from 23-27 July,2018, in Accra-Ghana, seeks to strengthen links between evidence and advocacy efforts. The training will enhance the participants’ skills in policy research methodology, policy analysis, data collection techniques, research report writing, and documentation as well as provide development practitioners with requisite knowledge, skills and techniques to effectively engage a broad range of stakeholders to influence policy-making processes at local, national and international level.
Participants will learn how to adopt the appropriate methodology and apply the right techniques to enhance their research work while deepening their knowledge and skills in policy engagement, influencing and advocacy and share best strategies and approaches for required policy influencing in all stages of policy processes in West Africa.
Objectives of the course
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) has specifically designed this course to:
- Improve participants’ skills in data collecting, process of accumulation, analysis and utilisation of data;
- Strengthen participants techniques for policy analysis: - qualitative and quantitative;
- Enhance participants’ ability to use evidence-based to write policy and advocacy papers;
- Build insight into the process of planning an effective policy advocacy campaign;
- Enhance participants’ knowledge of public policy networks and processes;
- Equip development practitioners with the requisite skills and techniques to critically examine policies and make recommendations;
Help participants to effectively communicate research outcomes to various stakeholders.
The course fee is 500 USD (Five Hundred Dollars Only, excluding bank transfer charges if applicable) payable before Friday, June 29, 2018. Fees include tuition, training materials, certificate of completion, continental breakfast, refreshments and lunch, follow up engagement and post training webinar. To apply online click here
Tel: +233 (0) 302 550 212
The training course is designed for heads of the organisations or practitioner’s with minimum three years of experience in the development sector. It is expected that the organisations nominate participants currently in senior management positions in their organisations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, February 22, 2017.
Language of instruction: English
Download call for application here
Download 2018 course calendar here