Application deadline: Wednesday, February 22, 2017
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) is inviting applications for a 4-day training course in Resource Mobilisation and Proposal Writing. WACSI has specifically designed this course to address effective fundraising issues facing development practitioners’ actors. The training will look at a combination of strategies to attract requisite resources for the achievement of the organisation’s goal. It also aims at dealing with project proposal writing related challenges in order to ‘strike’ donors attention and raise more interest from donor community and organisation’s stakeholders through winning proposals.
Benefits: The Resource Mobilisation and Proposal Writing training will enhance your organisation’s capability to effectively raise funds and mobilise human and material resources. It will improve participant’s knowledge on the most up-to-date strategies and reinforce their skills in proposal writing.
What to Expect: This course is designed to strengthen the resource mobilisation and proposal writing skills of programme officers, project managers, finance officers, fundraising staff and other development professional. Knowledge and skills gained from this course will enable you to:
- Understand the major trends in resource mobilisation and the reasons for giving;
- Critically analyse the strengths and weaknesses of your organisations’ existing resource base;
- Formulate a simple plan on how to diversify the resource base;
- Identify main funding sources and appropriate methods to secure them; and
- Learn how to write a winning proposal.
Previous Participants Say… “The experiences shared by participants during the training were very enriching and enabled me to effectively grasp effective approaches to raise funds for my organisation.” Ms. Sibongile T. Zimbeva, Finance and Office Administrator of Amnesty International, Zimbabwe
How to Apply?
Contribution Fee: This training will be delivered together with the Financial Management and Grants Reporting training. The cost of each is $450 (Four Hundred and Fifty Dollars only), payable before Wednesday, March 08, 2017 to be eligible to participate in the training.
- Participants willing to take part in both courses will pay USD850.
- If two or more attendees come from the same organisation, they will pay USD420 per course, per participant respectively.
Participants will bear all costs related to transportation to and accommodation in Accra, Ghana.
The language of instruction: English
Download call for application here
Find 2017 Course Calendar here